posted on 06 Sep 2022 by Jessica Albert
How Email Bounce rate affects deliverability?
Before getting into this let’s understand email bounce.
You must be familiar with when you receive an email from an email server with the message this email cannot be delivered. This happens when you send to an invalid address or due to other reasons. This is called email bounce. The email Bounce rate will be calculated with this formula. Bounce rate (%) = Visits that access only a single page ÷ Total visits to the website
The reasons can be permanent or temporary.
On this basis, you can classify the bounces as hard bounces or soft bounce
Hard bounces are permanent delivery failures. Like the address might be invalid or deleted or not in use for a long period of time.
On other hand, Soft bounces are temporary delivery failures and can occur for a variety of reasons. There may be a temporary issue with the receiving server, the recipient’s mailbox may be full or the receiving server may have identified an email as too large.
How to Calculate Bounce rate?
Bounce rates measure the level of how frequently your messages get bounced back to you. At the end of the day, the email can’t arrive at the expected beneficiary and, hence, must come back to the sender with a notice of its bounced status.
The limit for bounces is under 2%. Anything over a 2% bounce rate for your email marketing campaign is a disaster and an immediate fix is required.
What you can do to decrease the bounce rate?
- It is a great practice to Remove bounced email addresses right away. Additionally, clean email records give increasingly precise insights, and will enormously bring down your email bounce rate.
- Opt-in confirms each address after subscribing, reducing the probability of mistyped addresses to basically zero.
- Send helpful and pertinent emails. By doing so you won’t just hold your reputation under control yet additionally conceivably sell more, experience fewer grumblings, and have taken off email open rates. It is enticing to send short-term marketing campaigns with no genuine incentive to the client since they can function admirably. Be that as it may, don’t. Simply don’t.
- Avoid spam traps and maintenance addresses. Scan for addresses, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and so forth. Addresses like firstname.lastname@example.org are doubtlessly included by individuals who don’t particularly like you or think they are amusing. Put forth a valiant effort to evacuate them.
- Usual sources of email addresses that observe high bounces are rivalry structures, WiFi information exchange pages, or other boosted information signup forms.
- Nowadays, individuals are enticed by a challenge prize or need to join to utilize WiFi, however, they don’t wish to be added to a mailing list. These individuals utilize counterfeit locations or deserted post boxes so as to exploit the idea without getting future emails.
Gamalogic email validation is one of the quick and robust services provided with the one-tenth price in the industry. We do not keep any cached data to resolve the old results. All data will be 100% real-time. Our unique algorithm will validate the catch-all addresses, this is our USP.
Get started today!
Get instant credits for free on registering with us.